Hi,

> Multiple threads adding child nodes to the same parent node

Yes, that's an important use case, and should not be a problem problem
for my proposed solution.

> For instance, more than 1 thread calling
> UserManager.createUser(userId,shardPath(useId)) where shardPath(userId)
> results in a subtree generated from the userId to reduce contention

If we support large child node lists (automatically split using hidden
inner nodes) then your application would get simpler.

> child nodes are essentially multivalue properties

You are right, internally child nodes are stored in a similar way currently.

Regards,
Thomas