Hi,

I think the persistence / storage API should be generic enough to
support at least 3 different implementations efficiently:

- an implementation based on a relational database
- a file based implementation
- in-memory

I think the storage API should support some kind of "storage session"
(normally one storage session for each JCR session). For a relational
database, such a session could map to a database connection.

In my view the persistence should be based on "bundles" (node with all
property values and with the list of child nodes) as it is now; maybe
there should be a way to combine multiple bundles into one.

Probably there should be a way to persist the transient space (only
when it doesn't fit in memory). Otherwise we would need to implement a
separate mechanism for that (using temporary files).

I think the "data store" API can be used as it is (maybe we can
simplify it a bit).

Regards,
Thomas