Hi,

I'm sorry about the tone of my mails.

I just want to avoid that we run into the trap of making Jackrabbit 3
much too complicated and complex for the sake of being "modular". I
agree there shouldn't be many public implementation methods, but what
I don't want to do is add additional "glue" classes to avoid them.
Adding complexity to conceal bad design, and then call that "good
design". I would rather have some public methods, if the overall
design is simpler, than that added indirection.

This is not just about public methods. It's also about splitting
Jackrabbit 3 into multiple projects. In my view, we should keep it one
project, and one jar file, at least for now. I believe there are far
too many projects and jar files in Jackrabbit 2.

Regards,
Thomas