On 2018-07-18 09:42, Marcel Reutegger wrote:
I would say that these are not *necessarily* HTTP-specific, and thus we should try to define them in a generic way.

I agree when we look at file name and content type, these are also present in JCR when you have a nt:file/nt:resource node structure, but we probably also want to add a content disposition type to the download options. How would you define this in a generic way?

Adding the disposition type here is a new concept. Why is it needed now and not before?

AFAIU, some applications on top of the JCR API add the "atttachment" disposition type in order to prevent browsers to run user-provided HTML/JS. But those do that in a servlet filter, right? We'd have to find out how to address this use case with the new API...

Best regards, Julian