On Thu, Jan 3, 2019 at 11:59 PM Julian Reschke <julian.resc...@gmx.de> wrote:

> On 2019-01-03 14:30, Woonsan Ko wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'd like to help fix VFS-686 [1] by upgrading JR dependency from 1.6.5
> > to 2.18.x for the WebDAV vfs provider. The fix will allow to use
> > WebDAV DataStore backend again. (Since JR upgraded httpclient to v4.x,
> > WebDAV backend has been broken.)
> >
> > One problem is that the test case for WebDAV vfs provider counts on
> > jackrabbit-standalone dependency--to start an extended JR Main for
> > testing--which has been unavailable in maven repos for long time. It's
> > understandable not to deploy the module as it's too big.
> > At the same time, it would be awkward if VFS should contain all the
> > necessary JR dependencies as jackrabbit-standalone does.
> >
> > I think it would be nice if we split the module, by moving all the
> > Java classes and resources with most dependencies, except of
> > jackrabbit-webapp, to a new maven module (e.g,
> > "jackrabbit-standalone-components") and having dependency on this new
> > module and webapp module in jackrabbit-standalone bundle module. This
> > will let VFS keep the JR dependencies simple and easy.
> >
> > How does it sound?
>

> Sounds good to me.

Thanks Julian!
I've created a ticket: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCR-4401
My plan is, (a) to create a pull request (for review purpose from
myself and others if possible), (b) to create another pull request for
VFS-686 to test and validate with my feature branch, (c) merge (a) if
everything is okay.

By the way, I don't seem to be able to assign JCR-4401 to myself.
Could someone allow me to do that?

Kind regards,

Woonsan