On 23 October 2011 12:19, Philippe Mouawad <philippe.moua...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
> I was wondering why we chose in the different implementations of Samplers
> using HttpClient 3 and 4 to use an instance per Thread in ThreadLocal zone
> instead of using :
>
>   - ThreadSafeClientConnManager for HC4
>   - MultiThreadedHttpConnectionManager for HC3.1 (see
>
> http://pro-programmers.blogspot.com/2009/06/apache-httpclient-multi-threads.html
>   )
>
> It is just a question not a change proposition (It works fine for me as it
> is implemented now)

The intention is to ensure that JMeter threads behave like independent
users - no sharing of connections.

If JMeter were to share a connection manager between threads, then I
think that would no longer be the case.

However, we might perhaps need to use those connection managers to
sort out the parallel download issues.

Note that this is one of the problems with the Java HTTP
implementation - there is no control over connection re-use.