Dear JMeter dev team,

I have an evolution request for JMeter which will help plugin developers.
In our plugins, we implemented one component using TestBeans. We have now
rewrote this component and use regular test elements, so we need to hide
the previous one from jmeter add menus (backward jmx compatibility). The
only way I found is very dirty, that is setting its name to null. But in
BeanDescriptor class, there is one attribute:

isHidden
public boolean isHidden()
    The "hidden" flag is used to identify features that are intended only
for tool use, and which should not be exposed to humans.

While building the add component menu, could you check the hidden flag and
if true not add it in the menu? That would allow to plugin developers to
hide properly it.

Is it possible? Do you want me to open a bug for it?

Thanks,

Stef
JMeter Plugins - http://code.google.com/p/jmeter-plugins