I would like to fix this for you. I can workaround it, but fact is, maven
is used incorrectly in jbehave. There is no reason to have the profiles
defining repos in settings.xml when it belongs to pom.xml. Here is the pull
request: https://github.com/jbehave/jbehave-core/pull/53

It moves what belongs to pom.xml to pom.xml, and leaves what belong to
setting.xml in settings.xml, in particular the pluginGroups can only be
defined inthere.

The change is absolutely compatible with current behavior, practices and
documentation.

Cheers,
Gabor