Github user ajs6f commented on the issue:

    https://github.com/apache/jena/pull/205

    @osma Yeah, that's what I meant tho'-- use a calculation (via `BIND`, I
guess?) of the distance (and we have [√ available to
use](https://jena.apache.org/documentation/query/library-function.html)) and
order by that. To be clear, I'm not suggesting that that's a great solution
(and I haven't thought at all about the complexities of diff coordinate
systems), just that it's better than relying on undocumented impl behavior
which can change (and WILL change with this PR! :) ).

---
with INFRA.
---