On 09/11/17 18:24, aj...@apache.org wrote:
Great, thanks!

So folks, is there interest in pursuing this rearrangement of our source management? I would certainly vote for it.

Great - do you want to take this on and see us through the process?

We'll need a [DISCUSS] I expect to make sure we all know what the VOTE is really about. I'm not clear what "it" is exactly.

I'm all linked up - 2FA etc, and it can see which repo I have access to.

I use JIRA search and git history more and more to understand what users are asking about and to trace down bugs.

How does gitbox interact with JIRA? Do we get a nice set of JIRA comment (obvious existing bug - JIRA isn't markdown so `` and {{}} mess up.

I guess discussion is on GH issues, not JIRA tickets, which is a change but fine by me.

The "git pull github pull/XXX/head --no-ff ; git push" is clunky but not the end of the world.

(Unrelated wish - delete of the local branch - is that "git fetch --prune"?).

> it's not possible to use the Github PR review machinery transparently

This confused me - we use GH PR review at the monent. Could you expand the point?

So I guess I want to know what changes in the workflows for submission (nothing presumably but what about JIRA? Auto create-JIRA-on-PR would be fancy) and for acceptance

I'm expecting changes if we go "gitbox" and that's fine, I'm not arguing for the status quo. It's not easy to reverse so I want to know what it is.

    Andy

https://github.com/apache/jena/blob/master/CONTRIBUTING.md

ajs6f