Christopher Johnson has helped a lot with getting Jena more Java9 ready. This time - setting the Automatic-Module-Name in the jar manifest.

We also have a split package (org.apache.jena.system) across jena-core and jena-arq (JENA-1424 to sort that out).

JENA-1525 / PR#400 adds automatic module names to the jars.

Given the pattern, I've extended that to all modules (I can't test this unfortunately but at least it's the framework)

* jena-permissions, jena-iri and jena-sdb also done.

Example:
https://github.com/apache/jena/commit/ea336dff9364c8928b81f960beeee86843b4f8e7

* jena-dboe is a module with jena-tdb2 a separate module

* jena-elephas, jena-jdbc

If the parent POM has the automatic module setting, all the jars get the same module which, with information from Christopher,makes them the same module. Rob - I hope that's the right thing to do, change it if not. The module name is org.apache.jena.elephas, rather than org.apache.jena.hadoop (the root package); a random choice on my part.

Remaining: fuseki2, which has several bits and pieces and I'm out of time today.

    Andy