https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/JENA/Commit+Workflow+for+Github-ASF

note the "--no-ff"

On 12/10/18 22:44, ajs6f wrote:
Well, what I like to do is make sure my local master branch is up-to-date (pull
early, pull often!) then git rebase my feature branch over that up-to-date
master (any conflict or confusion will show up at this point) and then go back
to master and git merge my-branch. Then I can just git push master to Apache.

Does that makes sense? It looks something like:

[working in my branch]

git checkout master

git pull

git checkout my-branch

git rebase master

[fix any conflicts]

git checkout master

git merge my-branch

Now I usually do a complete mvn clean install, just to make sure, then

git push apache master

where for my setup, the remote name "apache" is the main repo at Apache that
you give the URL for below.

ajs6f