I would like to see the permissions functionality baked into the standard
implementations rather than wrapped around as an afterthought.  However, if
that can't be done or is just more overhead than we want when permissions
are not in use then I would hope that we will continue to use interfaces to
define the objects in the API.

I think we should also look at Rya (https://rya.apache.org) and Commons RDF
(https://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-rdf/index.html) to see if there
is anything we can learn from them.