Hi Ronald,

Jena used github/jsonld-java for its JSON-LD handling. Providing the costs aren't going in the translation across the Jena/jsonld-java boundary, then it is the cost in jsonld-java.

I haven't had the opportunity to check but it has been said that the JSON-LD algorithms are not cheap.

Are you able to attach visialvm (or similar) and see where the time is going?

BTW In the next release, Jena will have support for reading JSON-LD 1.1 using the Titanium project.

    Andy