If plugins placed in the 3rd party plugins folder are added to the class path
in a different order to the way they are added to the class path if we just
dump them in the lib/ext folder it will have an effect.

By putting things in the wrong folder we may be changing the order they are
loaded in which means that you will see different errors if you run through the
plugin, or by physically putting things in the correct folder.