On 28 February 2017 at 22:40, Philippe Mouawad
<philippe.moua...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 28, 2017 at 11:25 PM, sebb <seb...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On 28 February 2017 at 22:06, Philippe Mouawad
>> <philippe.moua...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> menu. It

>> > Which ones ?
>> > I made the cleanup.
>> > Did I forget something ?

>> > It has been done in properties_reference.xml
>>
>> There is only some mention of HttpClient logging there.
>>
>> I could not find any description as to how to set the level for a
>> specific JMeter class.
>>

> I think this is pretty easy to find on internet knowing we use log4j2 and
> slf4j.
> But if you think we should add some doc, feel free to do it.

Sorry, but that is not good enough.
I did not want the hassle of changing the logging. You did want the change.
The change was agreed to on the basis that updated documentation was essential.

There do not need to be reams of docs, but there should be at least
couple of sentences as to how to configure the logging that will be
readily understandable to someone used to the old ways.

And plugin writers need to be told how to update their plugins.

>> jmeter.properties used to describe this in some detail.
>> The updated description probably does not belong there, but there
>> should at least be a pointer to where to find the new information.

>> > Where ?
>> > I thought I had done it
>>
>> The string log_level appears in quite a few places.
>> AFAIK it is not used in the new scheme
>>
> I have removed them.
> Let me know if I still missed something

I don't know if there is anything else.
I just happened to notice that reference.