> -----Original Message-----
> From: Philippe Mouawad [mailto:p.moua...@ubik-ingenierie.com]
> Sent: Wednesday, 11 October, 2017 14:45
> To: dev@jmeter.apache.org
> Subject: Re: Bug 60190 - Content-Type is added for POST unconditionally
>
> Hello
> Any feedback on this ?

Sorry, been working on other things and haven't been following the list closely.

> On Fri, Sep 8, 2017 at 2:12 PM, Philippe Mouawad <
> p.moua...@ubik-ingenierie.com> wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>> How about not adding this anymore if not set and having a property that
>> allows to do that ?
>>
>>    - post_add_content_type_if_missing=false

If I read you correctly, the idea is to default to _not_ adding a default
content-type, but leave the option? That seems fine.  As the OP for this bug, I
would certainly like to see it fixed; it creates some annoying special cases
for us.  Even setting aside our self-interest, from a design standpoint, it
violates the principle of least astonishment: there's no indication anywhere
that this behaviour exists, which makes debugging problems caused by it rather
tricky.

The way I see it, if you're recording, it should _always_ record, verbatim,
exactly the traffic that passes between the client and server.  The real world
sucks and browsers don't always do what they "SHOULD"; no need to confuse the
issue further.

>> What is the risk ?

Honestly, I'd be a bit surprised to find anything relying on this behaviour.
As you note from the spec, the default lowering should be to
"application/octet-stream", not "application/x-www-form-urlencoded", so anyone
looking for that type should have no reasonable expectation that they'll find
it.

Cheers,
Wyatt

Confidentiality Notice: This electronic message transmission, including any
attachment(s), may contain confidential, proprietary, or privileged information
from Chemical Abstracts Service ("CAS"), a division of the American Chemical
Society ("ACS"). If you have received this transmission in error, be advised
that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of the contents of this
information is strictly prohibited. Please destroy all copies of the message
and contact the sender immediately by either replying to this message or
calling 614-447-3600.