GitHub user ham1 opened a pull request:

    https://github.com/apache/jmeter/pull/348

    Removed LogFilter and associated uses.

    Also formatted JavaDocs in SessionFilter.

    ## Description
    I was about to write some Spock tests for `LogFilter` but, apart from the
file not having meaningfully changed since 2003, I can't see it being used
anywhere online or in the code.

    The docs even say:
    > The LogFilter is intended to allow access log entries to be filtered by
filename and regex, as well as allowing for the replacement of file extensions.
However, it is not currently possible to configure this via the GUI, **so it
cannot really be used**.

    ## Motivation and Context
    Removing unused code or that of little value.

    ## How Has This Been Tested?

    ## Types of changes
    - Cruft removal

    ## Checklist:
    - [x] My code follows the [code style][style-guide] of this project.
    - [x] I have updated the documentation accordingly.

    [style-guide]: https://wiki.apache.org/jmeter/CodeStyleGuidelines

    $ git pull https://github.com/ham1/jmeter remove_log_filter

    https://github.com/apache/jmeter/pull/348.patch

    This closes #348

----
commit 728fb350448dc7c87e79c75edb2cd961f49508f2
Author: Graham Russell <gra...@ham1.co.uk>
Date:   2017-12-01T19:47:49Z

    Removed LogFilter and associated uses.
    Also formatted JavaDocs in SessionFilter.

----

---