I would be OK with addition of Kotlin to the core, when we are certain
(and are on the same side that) JMeter will still be usable with
"normal" Java (that seems to be the case, as I read it)

But it is yet another language added to our growing list of languages
(Java, Groovy, Ant, Gradle, JS, XSLT, XML, Velocity, Markdown, HTML, ...)

Felix