We need to add a convention so launching Gradle with a property
`jmeter.property.key=value` would pass
`key=value` JMeter property (it should remove jmeter.property. prefix, and
the prefix is there to avoid ambiguity)
The relevant bits are here:
https://github.com/apache/jmeter/blob/1d573158f2af7be882674e59c02490836abd0cde/build.gradle.kts#L599-L606
The command would be like ./gradlew test
-Pjmeter.property.jmeter.regex_engine=oro

Then the engine variation could be added into the CI matrix builder:
https://github.com/apache/jmeter/pull/693
Of course, it does not answer what should we do with test coverage, however:
a) We could ensure CI always has both variations, and we could merge the
coverage (Codecov supports it)
b) It might make sense to create a targeted parameterized test (e.g. a test
that parameterizes with regex_engine).
I think we should not invest much time in building a specialized test. If
there's a test that can easily be converted to a parameterized,
then it is fine. If adding such a test is time-consuming, I would just go
with a command-line property and the CI randomizer.

Vladimir