Github user KellenSunderland commented on the issue:

    https://github.com/apache/incubator-joshua/pull/65

    This PR should now implement all of the JNI improvements we wanted to make
at the MT Marathon.  Before merging would you be able to run a quick test and
see what the performance is like?  If the second commit doesn't speed things up
we could consider removing it to reduce code complexity.

    I also noticed that language model ffs all were estimating with the
following signature:

    `public float estimateCost(Rule rule, Sentence sentence)`

    Does it actually make sense to pass the sentence object here?  Each rule
should be able to be estimated with only its local feature score + weights
right?  It shouldn't need any additional context?

---
with INFRA.
---