On 2022/08/05 8:53, Juan Pablo Santos Rodríguez wrote:
Hi Murray,

(apologies for the brevity, is really late in here, and won't be
having too much time next few days..)

Hi Juan Pablo,

No worries, my time is pretty limited lately as well. Thanks very much
for the explanation, I certainly understand refactorings. I myself don't
have any issues with static methods, and on a massive refactoring job I
did a few years ago (something like 30 modules), I ended up creating a
lot of utility classes composed solely of static methods, as the devs
over the years had ended up creating multiple copies of various functions,
etc. and I was essentially collecting all of them into classes categorised
for area of function. Testing wasn't too bad, but of course we already had
unit, integration and system tests for a lot of the features already.

I've been playing with ideas for the graph-based reference manager, have
even been experimenting with some visualisations of wiki links using the
JUNG and JunGraphT libraries:

  http://jung.sourceforge.net/index.html
  https://tomnelson.github.io/jungrapht-visualization/

As something gets closer to reality I'll post links to some of the
generated images. The visualisations are more of a curiosity than something
that would be functional for a working wiki, but are helping me understand
what is actually happening in the GraphReferenceManager as I go along.

Cheers,

Murray

Murray Altheim <murray18 at altheim dot com>                       = =  ===
http://www.altheim.com/murray/                                     ===  ===
                                                                   = =  ===
    In the evening
    The rice leaves in the garden