In your KIP you added security. provider as rejected alternative and
specified "its not the correct way". Do you mind explaining why its not? I
didn't find any evidence in Java docs to say so. Contrary to your statement
it does say in the java docs
" However, please note that a provider can be used to implement any
security service in Java that uses a pluggable architecture with a choice
of implementations that fit underneath."

Java Security Providers have been used by other projects to provide such
integration . I am not sure if you looked into Spiffe project to
efficiently distribute certificates but here is an example of Java provider
https://github.com/spiffe/spiffe-example/blob/master/java-spiffe/spiffe-security-provider/src/main/java/spiffe/api/provider/SpiffeProvider.java
which
obtains certificates from local daemons.
These integrations are being used in Tomcat, Jetty etc..  We are also using
Security provider to do the same in our Kafka clusters. So unless I see
more evidence why security.provider doesn't work for you
adding new interfaces while there exists more cleaner way of  achieving the
goals of this KIP  is unnecessary and breaks the well known security
interfaces provided by Java itself.

Thanks,
Harsha