Hi Gwen,

1.We are not doing any changes on the broker side. This change is only on
Kafka clients library.
2. RecordMetaData is created by client library while appending record to
ProducerBatch where offset alone returned by broker. Here we are adding
headers to RecordMetaData while creating FutureRecordMetaData to create
context between record and its metadata. I have updated the snippet in KIP
proposed changes in step 3.
3. As we mentioned in alternatives, client side we can link record and its
metadata using callback, but Interceptors having same RecordMetadata will
not have context on for which record this MetaData belongs to. To fill that
Gap, we are proposing these changes.
Please let us know if we are not clear.

Thanks
Renuka M