Hi,

Let's say I have a topic-partition replicated to several replicas. On each
replica there is a segment of this topic-partition containing records with
offsets N..M. I'm trying to figure out:
1. Will the content of these segment files be identical on the logical
level? I.e., will they contain the same records in the same order, nothing
skipped, nothing extra? (I assume this is true, sounds pretty logical.)
2. Will the content of these segment files be identical on the byte level?
3. If 2 is no, will at least record layout (positions) be identical?

Let's keep topic compaction out of consideration here.

Could you please help me figure this out?

Br,
Ivan