Hi Paolo,

Thanks for looking at this issue. This can indeed be a source of confusion.

I'm wondering if we should prevent the creation of topics with
min.insync.replicas > replication.factor?
You listed that as a rejected alternative because it requires more
changes. However, I can't think of any scenarios where a user would
want to create such a topic. I'm guessing it's probably always by
mistake.

Let's see what other people think but I think it's worth checking what
needs to be done if we wanted to prevent topics with bogus configs