Hi,

I'm trying to understand a little bit more about how Kafka works.
I have a design with multiple producers writing to a single topic and
multiple consumers in a single Consumer Group consuming message from this
topic.

My idea is to distribute the messages from all producers equally. From
reading the documentation I understood that the partition is always
selected by the producer. Is that correct?

I'd also like to know if there is an out of the box option to assign the
partition via a round robin *on the broker side *to guarantee equal
distribution of the load - if possible to each consumer, but if not
possible, at least to each partition.

If my understanding is correct, it looks like in a multiple producer
scenario there is lack of support from Kafka regarding load balancing and
customers have to either stick to the hash of the key (random distribution,
although it would guarantee same key goes to the same partition) or they
have to create their own logic on the producer side (i.e. by sharing memory)

Am I missing something?

Thank you,

Vinicius Scheidegger