Ismael,

I am open to using any error code and am not attached to one TBH. Colin had
suggested creating a new resource code called RESOURCE_LIMIT_EXCEEDED. I am
happy to reuse the error code corresponding to PolicyViolation. Is it safe
to rename errors and corresponding exception names? If so, I'd prefer
reusing the existing code as well.

For performance testing results that I added to this KIP, I used Kafka
2.3.1, which was very close to trunk at the time I tested. We have seen
similar issues with Kafka 2.4.1. Please note that for the tests done in the
KIP, especially the Produce performance tests, we probably could have
gotten higher performance, but the focus was on comparing performance
across a different number of partitions, for a given configuration, rather
than trying to find out the best performance possible for the "right"
number of partitions.

Thanks.