One more after-thought on your second point (AbstractRequest): the reason I
introduced it in the first place was that this way implementers can access
request data. A use case can be if they want to audit a change in
configuration or client quotas but not just acknowledge the fact that such
an event happened but also capture the change itself by peeking into the
request. Sometimes it can be useful especially when people want to trace
back the order of events and what happened when and not just acknowledge
that there was an event of a certain kind. I also recognize that this might
be a very loose interpretation of auditing as it's not strictly related to
authorization but rather a way of tracing the admin actions within the
cluster. It even could be a different API therefore but because of the
variety of the Kafka APIs it's very hard to give a method that fits all, so
it's easier to pass down the AbstractRequest and the implementation can do
the extraction of valuable info. So that's why I added this in the first
place and I'm interested in your thoughts.