I added one week between KIP freeze and feature freeze as my observation
was that we tend to vote some last minutes KIPs and than rush the
implementation within one week. Having two weeks to implement last
minute KIPs should lead the a more stable release branch when we cut it
after feature freeze, with hopefully fewer last minute critical/blocker
bugs.

I also added one more week after code freeze, because this is the period
we need to just stabilize the release branch. We had many blockers in
the last releases that delayed the whole process. Thus, accommodating
one more week seems to be an adjustment to reality. And because we only
merge blocker fixes, it should not introduce any new risks.

Let me know if this reasoning make sense. In the end, it's a proposal --
I am more than happy to consider other ideas. I just wanted to put out
something concrete, instead of a vague "we should change something"
statement.

-Matthias