Hi Jun,

I have added the following details in the KIP-584 write up:

1. Deployment, IBP deprecation and avoidance of double rolls. This section
talks about the various phases of work that would be required to use this
KIP to eventually avoid Broker double rolls in the cluster (whenever IBP
values are advanced). Link to section:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/KIP-584%3A+Versioning+scheme+for+features#KIP584:Versioningschemeforfeatures-Deployment,IBPdeprecationandavoidanceofdoublerolls
.

2. Feature version deprecation. This section explains the idea for feature
version deprecation (using highest supported feature min version) which you
had proposed during code review:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/KIP-584%3A+Versioning+scheme+for+features#KIP584:Versioningschemeforfeatures-Featureversiondeprecation
.

Cheers,