Thanks Marco,

Sorry if I caused any trouble!

I don’t remember what I was thinking before, but reasoning about it now, you
might need the fine-grained choice if:

1. The number or size of records in each partition of both tables is
small(ish), but the cardinality of the join is very high. Then you might want
an in-memory table store, but an on-disk subscription store.

2. The number or size of records is very large, but the join cardinality is
low. Then you might need an on-disk table store, but an in-memory subscription
store.

3. You might want a different kind (or differently configured) store for the
subscription store, since it’s access pattern is so different.

If you buy these, it might be good to put the justification into the KIP.

I’m in favor of the default you’ve proposed.

Thanks,
John