1+ I agree.

I think besides just merging the changes, specific attention should be
brought to the KIP in the 3.0 release through blogs and tutorials to make
the community more aware of the change in 3.0, upcoming removal of
deprecated features in 4.0, it's prerequisites (broker version etc) and
benefits

Thanks for working on this