I just checked the documentation page and could not find any reference to
the KIP-631 configurations like process.roles, node.id and any of the
controller.quorum.* configs
https://kafka.apache.org/28/documentation.html

Were these left out on purpose or should there be included in the 2.8
documentation page as well?

In the README.md file for KIP-500 (KRaft) mode, I see these configs:
https://github.com/apache/kafka/blob/2.8/config/kraft/README.md

However, I don't see them in the documentation page where most users will
check first
https://kafka.apache.org/28/documentation.html

A lot of users looking to try out KRaft mode are going to be very confused
on how to set this up without Zookeeper to check things out.

When you have a moment, please share your thoughts regarding if these
configs/settings need to be in this 2.8 documentation for this release.

Thanks.

Additional References:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/KIP-631%3A+The+Quorum-based+Kafka+Controller#KIP631:TheQuorumbasedKafkaController-Configurations

https://github.com/apache/kafka/blob/2.8/raft/src/main/java/org/apache/kafka/raft/RaftConfig.java#L57