Hi Ismael,

> I am not convinced this tool is actually useful, I haven't seen anyone
using it in years.

Sure, you may right indeed. The `ReplicaVerificationTool` may not be so
useful.[^0] However, I hope to propose another perspective.

As long as this tool is provided with a launcher script in a distribution,
its command-line parameters look so weird to the users since it breaks
consistency. It is even worse with KIP-499
<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=123899170>[^1],
which tries to unify the command line parameters and deprecate old ones -
even the tools without launcher script (e.g., VerifiableLog4jAppender) now
uses `--bootstrap-server` parameter. This situation is rather odd, isn't it?

This improvement may not have a great value, but it may reduce awkwardness
from the user's viewpoint.

Best,
Dongjin

[^0]: With my personal experience, I used it to validate the replication
when working with a client so sensitive to replication missing, like a
Semiconductor manufacturing company.
[^1]: Somewhat strange, two omitted tools from KIP-499
<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=123899170>
all have their own launcher script.