Just a quick FYI.

KIP-622 overlapped with KIP-478.

We added the new method to the new `api.ProcessorContext` via https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KAFKA-13699 for 3.2.0 release.

Please let us know if there are any concerns.

I updated the KIP accordingly.

-Matthias

On 3/5/21 8:42 PM, Rohit Deshpande wrote:
Hello all,
Based on the feedback of the pr <https://github.com/apache/kafka/pull/9744>
https://github.com/apache/kafka/pull/9744, there are following changes done
to the kip
<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/KIP-622%3A+Add+currentSystemTimeMs+and+currentStreamTimeMs+to+ProcessorContext>
.

*ProcessorContext#currentSystemTimeMs()*

It is expected that this method will return the internally cached system
timestamp from the Kafka Stream runtime. Thus, it may return a different
value compared to System.currentTimeMillis(). The cached system time
represents the time when we start processing / punctuating, and it would
not change throughout the process / punctuate. So this method will return
current system time (also called wall-clock time) known from kafka streams
runtime.

New methods to MockProcessorContext for testing purposes:

*MockProcessorContext#setRecordTimestamp*: set record timestamp

*MockProcessorContext#setCurrentSystemTimeMs:* set system timestamp

*MockProcessorContext#setCurrentStreamTimeMs*: set stream time

Deprecate method: MockProcessorContext#setTimestamp as it's name is
misleading and we are adding a new method
  MockProcessorContext#setRecordTimestamp which does the same work.

Please let me know if you have any thoughts or concerns with this change.

Thanks,
Roohit

On Fri, Dec 4, 2020 at 7:31 PM Rohit Deshpande <rohitdesh...@gmail.com>