Thank you for your review Luke.

> Reg: is that would the new `RemoteLogSizeBytes` metric be a performance
overhead? Although we move the calculation to a seperate API, we still
can't assume users will implement a light-weight method, right?

This metric would be logged using the information that is already being
calculated for handling remote retention logic, hence, no additional work
is required to calculate this metric. More specifically, whenever
RemoteLogManager calls getRemoteLogSize API, this metric would be captured.
This API call is made every time RemoteLogManager wants to handle expired
remote log segments (which should be periodic). Does that address your
concern?

Divij Vaidya