Hi Justine,

Thanks for the well written KIP, this looks like it will be a useful
addition.

Overall the KIP looks good to me, I have one question/comment.

You mentioned that setting the `producer.id.expiration.ms` less than the
delivery timeout could lead to duplicates, which makes sense.  To help
avoid this situation, do we want to consider a default value that is the
same as the delivery timeout?

Thanks again for the KIP.

Bill