Hi Snehasis,

This is a really useful feature and thanks for initiating this discussion.

I had the following questions -

1. Can you elaborate on the rejected alternatives ? Suppose connector
config is versioned and has a schema. Then a single plugin (whose
dependencies have not changed) can handle multiple config versions for the
same connector class.

2. Any plans to support assisted migration e.g if a user invokes "POST
connector/config?migrate=latest", the latest version __attempts__ to
transform the existing config to the newer version. This would require
adding a method like "boolean migrate(Version fromVersion)" to the
connector interface.

Thanks,
Ashwin