Hi Ismael,

I think this is a good idea, it can also simplify the code quite a bit.
I was gonna ask about whether you think it would be useful to automate
protocol deprecation but I see you'll have a separate KIP for that so I'll
just wait :).

I see that in multiple places clients have older than baseline
implementation. Would it make sense in your opinion to also document that
those protocols below the baseline will be deprecated in 4.0 and possibly
go away in next versions (with maybe the deprecation/removal automation)?

Viktor