Hello Farooq,

Thanks for the very detailed proposal! I think this is a great idea.
Just a few thoughts:

1. I regret that we over-optimized the Changed serde format for
footprint while making it less extensible. It seems to me that a two
rolling bounce migration is unavoidable.. Regarding the format, I'm
just thinking if we can change the type of "INT newDataLength" to
UINT32?

2. `.equals` default implementation on Object is by reference, so if
the groupBy did not generate a new object, that may still pass. This
means that even if user does not implement the `.equals` function, if
the same object is returned then this feature would still be
triggered, is that correct?

Guozhang