Thanks Victoria for the great writeup, with a thorough analysis and
trade-offs. I do not have any major questions about the proposal.

Just one thing that might be out of scope: if users want to enable the
versioned table feature across the topology, should we allow them to
do it via a single config rather than changing the materialized object
at each place? Maybe we can defer that for future discussions, but
just want to hear your thoughts.

Anyways, I think this proposal is great just as-is even if we agree to
do the configuration improvement later.

Guozhang