Hi hudeqi,

Thank you for your comments!
Related to the topic list: you are correct, the partition metrics are
created eagerly, so even if a topic has no active traffic, the metrics are
visible. I missed this fact when creating the KIP.
For the group list: the group metrics are created lazily, so for the
groups, the metrics are only created if there was a checkpoint replicated
(i.e. the group is included in the replication AND has committed offset for
at least one of the replicated partitions).

Regardless of the eager/lazy nature of these metrics, I think that having a
centralized way of getting the list of replicated topics/groups still makes
sense, and it can simplify access to this information for external clients.
E.g. We could add a listener implementation which writes the list of
topics/groups into a compact topic, which then can be consumed by external
clients, which is simpler than scraping partition metrics and collecting
the topic tags.

I will add corrections to the Rejected Alternatives section with more
details about the metrics.

Thanks,
Daniel