Hi all,

A handful of engineers are collaborating on a fairly sizable project to improve
the Java consumer client [1]. We are using as many ASF tools as possible for
the work (wiki, Jira, mailing list, and Slack thus far).

There are yet two areas where we need recommendations:

1. Project management tools. What is the recommended tool for communicating
project scheduling, milestones, etc.?

2. Shared code collaboration. Since none of the engineers on the project are
committers, we can't collaborate by reviewing and merging our changes into
trunk. Is there a recommended path to collaborate for non-committers?

Thanks,
Kirk

[1]
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/Consumer+threading+refactor+project+overview