Hello Kafka users, developers and client-developers,

This is the 4th candidate for release of Apache Kafka 3.4.1.

This is a bugfix release with several fixes since the release of 3.4.0. A
few of the major issues include:
- core
KAFKA-14644 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KAFKA-14644> Process
should stop after failure in raft IO thread
KAFKA-14946 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KAFKA-14946> KRaft
controller node shutting down while renouncing leadership
KAFKA-14887 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KAFKA-14887> ZK session
timeout can cause broker to shutdown
- client
KAFKA-14639 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KAFKA-14639> Kafka
CooperativeStickyAssignor revokes/assigns partition in one rebalance cycle
- connect
KAFKA-12558 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KAFKA-12558> MM2 may not
sync partition offsets correctly
KAFKA-14666 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KAFKA-14666> MM2 should
translate consumer group offsets behind replication flow
- stream
KAFKA-14172 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KAFKA-14172> bug: State
stores lose state when tasks are reassigned under EOS

Release notes for the 3.4.1 release:
https://home.apache.org/~showuon/kafka-3.4.1-rc3/RELEASE_NOTES.html

*** Please download, test and vote by Jun 2, 2023

Kafka's KEYS file containing PGP keys we use to sign the release:
https://kafka.apache.org/KEYS

* Release artifacts to be voted upon (source and binary):
https://home.apache.org/~showuon/kafka-3.4.1-rc3/

* Maven artifacts to be voted upon:
https://repository.apache.org/content/groups/staging/org/apache/kafka/

* Javadoc:
https://home.apache.org/~showuon/kafka-3.4.1-rc3/javadoc/

* Tag to be voted upon (off 3.4 branch) is the 3.4.1 tag:
https://github.com/apache/kafka/releases/tag/3.4.1-rc3

* Documentation: (will be updated after released)
https://kafka.apache.org/34/documentation.html

* Protocol: (will be updated after released)
https://kafka.apache.org/34/protocol.html

The most recent build has had test failures. These all appear to be due to
flakiness, but it would be nice if someone more familiar with the failed
tests could confirm this. I may update this thread with passing build links
if I can get one, or start a new release vote thread if test failures must
be addressed beyond re-running builds until they pass.

Unit/integration tests:
https://ci-builds.apache.org/job/Kafka/job/kafka/job/3.4/141/

System tests:
Will update the results later