Hi all,

Thanks for the feedback! I will update the KIP accordingly.

*For Sophie's comments:*

1 and 2. Good catch. Fixed these.

3 and 4 Yes. We can make this public config and call out the clientConsumer
config users need to set.

5. It's ideal to take the previous assignment in HAAssignor into
consideration when we compute our target assignment, the complications come
with making sure the assignment can eventually converge and we don't do
probing rebalance infinitely. It's not only about storing the previous
assignment or get it somehow. We can actually get the previous assignment
now like we do in StickyAssignor. But the previous assignment will change
in each round of probing rebalance. The proposal which added some weight to
make the rack aware assignment lean towards the original HAA's target
assignment will add benefits of stability in some corner cases in case of
tie in cross rack traffic cost. But it's not sticky. But the bottom line is
it won't be worse than current HAA's stickiness.

6. I'm fine with changing the assignor config to public. Actually, I think
we can min-cost algorithm with StickyAssignor as well to mitigate the
problem of 5. So we can have one public config to choose an assignor and
one public config to enable the rack aware assignment.

*For Bruno's comments:*

The proposal was to implement all the options and use configs to choose
them during runtime. We can make those configs public as suggested.
1, 2, 3, 4, 5: agree and will fix those.
6: subscription protocol is not changed.
7: yeah. Let me fix the notations.
8: It meant clients. In the figure, it maps to `c1_1`, `c1_2`, `c1_3` etc.
9: I'm also ok with just optimizing reliability for standby tasks. Or we
could simply run the "balance reliability over cost" greedy algorithm to
see if any cost could be reduced.
10: Make sense. Will fix the wording.
11: Make sense. Will update the test part.

*For Walker's comments:*
1. Stability for HAA is an issue. See my comments for Sophie's feedback 5
and 6. I think we could use the rack aware assignment for StickyAssignor as
well. For HAA assignments, it's less sticky and we can only shoot for
minimizing the cross rack traffic eventually when everything is stable.
2. Yeah. This is a good point and we can also turn it on for StickyAssignor.

Thanks,
Hao

Hao