From: Divij Vaidya <divijvaidy...@gmail.com>
Sent: Monday, June 19, 2023 10:20 PM
To: dev@kafka.apache.org
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: [DISCUSS] KIP-942: Add Power(ppc64le) support

Thank you for the KIP Vaibhav.

1. Builds for power architecture were intentionally disabled in the past since
the infrastructure was flaky [1]. Could you please add to the KIP on what has
changed since then?
2. What do you think about an alternative solution where we run a nightly build
for this platform instead of running the CI with every PR/commit?
3. To bolster the case for this KIP, could you please add information from
other Apache projects who are already running CI for this platform? Is their CI
stable on Apache Infra hosts?

[1] https://github.com/apache/kafka/pull/12380

--
Divij Vaidya