Hello!

A couple of days ago I opened a new KIP for discussion - KIP-952 [1]. I
believe it might be a blocker for the release of 3.6.0, but I wanted to
bring it up here for a decision on its urgency with the current set of
people who are looking at Tiered Storage (Satish, Luke, Ivan, Divij) given
that the date for KIP freeze is fast approaching.
What are your thoughts on the matter?

[1]
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/KIP-952%3A+Regenerate+segment-aligned+producer+snapshots+when+upgrading+to+a+Kafka+version+supporting+Tiered+Storage

Best,