Thanks for your answers Andrew. I share your pain that it took a while for
you to get this KIP approved and you want to reduce the scope of it, will
be happy to help you with the implementation :)

Could you help me walk through what happens if the target broker is
unreachable? Is the client going to drop these metrics or is it going to
send it to the other brokers it is connected to? This information is
crucial to understand the client side impact on leadership failovers.
Moreover, in case of partial outages, such as only the network between the
client and the broker is partitioned whereas the network within the cluster
is healthy, practically there is no other way than the client side metrics
to identify this problem.

Doguscan