Hi Ziming,

Thanks for finding that! I've mentioned that in the 3.6.0 release
thread as a potential blocker since this appears to have a pretty
substantial impact.

Hey Sumanshu,

Thank you so much for bringing this issue to our attention! It appears
that your issue is caused by a bug in Kafka, so you shouldn't feel
obligated to answer my questions from earlier.
We'll see about trying to get a fix for this issue in the upcoming
release. I apologize that the released versions of KRaft don't work on
windows, and are preventing you from evaluating it. You will need to
use Zookeeper clusters, or run custom builds of Kafka until the fix is
released.

Thanks,
Greg